The following versions of Weasel Reader, makeztxt, and related utilities
|Weasel Reader||1.61||source, binary
|makeztxt||1.62||source, Linux i386 binary, Windows
Download Weasel Reader
You can find all the files on the Sourceforge download page:
Weasel Reader project page on SourceForge
The lastest release of Weasel Reader is: ver 1.61
What's new in version 1.61
Major new features include fixed support for the Palm 5-way navigator
(i.e. d-pad buttons) plus the ability to remap keys to perform user
specified actions while reading.
There is also a new "Most Recently Read" list maintained by Weasel Reader
to help frequent users keep tabs on what they are currently reading.
- Palm OS 3.5 or higher (newer OS's have more features available)
- At least 4MB of RAM (of course, it doesn't actually use this
- PalmZLib (included)
- For IR beaming: IR capable Palm
- For dynamic input area support: Install PalmResizeLibrary.prc
Quick Usage Instructions
- Put weasel-[language].prc onto your device.
- Install SysZLib.prc onto your device. This is included in Weasel
- You can install the test document, GPL.pdb, to see if Weasel Reader
works. The test document is the GNU General Public License converted
into a zTXT database.
- Or get some e-text's from
- And get makeztxt (or similar program) from the download area (see
- Run makeztxt on the text files (see the makeztxt README for more)
- Put the generated databases on your Palm
- Thrill at the exciting features and low memory footprint. Amaze your
friends, impress your boss!